Rose Computers is proud to offer remote backup services! Data failure can cripple a business if a backup plan is not in order. Unfortunately, even the best plans can fail if something happens on-site. That’s why we offer a remote-backup solution. Don’t worry about natural disasters or faulty media anymore. No matter what happens, your data is stored safely off-site on our servers.
Why remotely back up my files?
Remote backup runs on a client computer as a service and is based on a set of schedules or it can be ran manually by the users from that computer. It can backup all your files and overwrite your existing ones or only those modified. Its based on a client server architecture, meaning that there is a server process which runs on the server and its main task is to store your files on the server. The client will then upload files to the server.
The remote backup server differs from transferring your files on another computer via FTP or other service because itÂ always keeps a log of your backup data for later retrieval. Remote backup can save the day in a number of situations:
When creating a document, constant backup is important for saving small changes made gradually over time.
The security and preservation of QuickBooks or other accounting files for your home or business are crucial to your financial well-being.
Family genealogy, records, pictures, scanned items, and everything else are precious files and should be safely and securely backed up somewhere other than just your home computer or hard disk backup.
Remote backup services can be particularly important for businesses where crucial data loss can be a major blow to client contact lists, financial information, sales data, or application critical information, etc. A remote backup service always remembers to backup your data and at any point your files can be recovered on your computer or on another if the previous one crashed.
On-Line Backup Features
- Supports Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8
- Supports Windows Shadow Copy for Open Files on XP, Vista, and Windows 7 or 8
- Supports Windows Server (SBS) 2000, Server (SBS) 2003, Server (SBS) 2008, and 2012
- Supports Windows Shadow Copy for Open Files on Server (SBS) 2003, Server (SBS) 2008, and 2012
- Supports Exchange 2000, 2003, 2007 and SQL 2000, 200x, 200x, 200x
- Supports Block Level Changes and Compresses backups for fast transfer
- User configurable backup schedules and history
- Restore files through easy to use client software
- Backups are encrypted for security